It's Summer! But vacation isn't here just yet...
I'm REALLY craving some fresh shrimp though! I wish we were traveling just for the food. I don't know about you, but eating out is half the reason why I travel!
Since I am impatient when it comes to food, I decided to bring vacation to my table with this AWESOME taco Tuesday recipe for you and your family!
This is such a simple and easy meal that can be done in 15 minutes that
all of your family will enjoy!
Here are the ingredients and directions for you to perfect this delicious dish!!
Skillet Shrimp Tacos
1 head red cabbage
¼ c. fresh cilantro
12 oz. small deveined shrimp
8 small flour tortillas
hot pepper sauce
1. Thinly slice one head red cabbage and measure out 4 cups. Wrap up the rest of the cabbage and save for future use.
2. From two limes, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Then, thinly slice the limes. Toss the lime juice with the red cabbage. Set the rest aside.
3. Finely chop 1/4 cup fresh cilantro.
4. In a separate bowl, toss 12 ounces small deveined shrimp with the lime zest and chopped cilantro.
5. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons canola oil on medium-high until very hot; add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook 2 minutes, without stirring. Use tongs to turn the shrimp over. Cook another 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque throughout.
6. Serve the shrimp in 8 flour tortillas with the cabbage, sour cream, hot pepper sauce and
the lime slices.
Yields: 4 people
Total Time: 15 minutes
This is such a fun and colorful meal to make for you and your family to grub on after a long day in the sun!
I hope that you enjoy this as much as I do!! :-)
XOXO - Darbie