Texas has been having some COLD days lately and I have found a warm and cozy soup recipe everyone needs to try!!!
The weather where I live, in Austin, TX has been so crazy lately!! The other day I was relaxing outside in shorts because it was over 80 degrees and today I should have like 10 coats on because I am freezing with this 30-40 degree weather.. AHH!!!!
So when I get cold, the best thing that I want ASAP is some WARM soup and this recipe just did the trick yesterday when me and my girls were all bundled up on the couch watching some movies!
It is a Stuffed Pepper Recipe and OH MY it is to die for!!!! I was interested to see if my girls would like it but they LOVED it just like their mama ;-)
Here is the recipe, you're gonna be wanting to run to the grocery store the minute you read this goodness!!!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add cooked rice; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
EEEPP! I am so excited to share this with ya'll because it is INCREDIBLE and I am already planning on making it next week no matter what the weather throws at me!!!! It will for sure be delicious on a cold or hot day!!!
Hope y'all enjoy :-)