Now, believe it or not, I like to sometimes eat healthy.... I know that most of the recipes and ideas that I share with y'all are usually unhealthy (but DELICIOUS)... But eating healthy is something that I am trying to incorporate more into my life, while still treating myself though ;-)
PEANUT BUTTER APPLE COOKIES! Yes... This is the recipe that I am going to be sharing with you...
And yes, this is actually pretty healthy, regardless of the fact that it has cookie in the name!!
One of my favorite bloggers Camille Styles - one of my Austin girlies - shared this, and I think I immediately went to the store to get the ingredients to start on it... especially when I saw the pictures!!
- 2 large sweet apples (red delicious, honey crisp, gala, etc.)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice
- Toppings (choose any): cranberries, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, chopped dates, almonds, etc.
- Slice the apples crosswise into thin circles, discarding both ends and removing visible seeds.
- Top each slice with a couple teaspoons of nut butter, using a knife to spread evenly.
- Set out toppings and let everyone DIY their own apple cookie!
This is the perfect little snack that is so easy to make, and that even your kids will love! I mean everyone loves a good apple and peanut butter combo...
Now you go do what I did when I read about this and head to the store now so you can taste these yummy snacks ASAP!!! :-) Enjoy!!