Wow! It is hot outside already!
That means it's popsicle weather!!!
So I found this SUPER awesome recipe on Camille Style's blog on HEALTHY POPSICLES. Whaaaaat?
You read that right! And they're super yummy too! There's no catch!
Okay, so here's the recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons Super Elixir Alkalising Greens
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- a few shakes cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- for topping: 1 cup dark chocolate (or white chocolate)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- toppings: granola, chopped pistachios, goji berries, coconut, crushed peanuts, orange zest… get creative!
- Combine all the popsicle ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds, insert popsicle sticks, and chill overnight.
- To make the topping, combine 1 cup chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler (or on 50% power in the microwave) and gently melt, frequently checking so as not to burn. Stir together until melted, then let sit for 30 minutes to cool down a bit before dipping popsicles into it. If it needs to be more liquidy for pouring consistency, whisk in another teaspoon or two of coconut oil.
- When ready to unmold popsicles, run molds under warm water for a few seconds to loosen. Once they’re released, dip half of each popsicle in chocolate coating, then immediately coat in toppings (experiment with sprinkling toppings on, or pressing popsicle into a bowl filled with the topping — both ways work.)
- Return to freezer for an hour to re-harden, then eat!
Guess what my family's doing this weekend ;)
XOXO - Darbie