Cheese, Chicken, and Broccoli... oh my!!
Ahhhh this recipe.... one that I have been making EVERY year!!! Now this one can be an all year recipe, BUT it is especially good for those cold days because this warm mac and cheese warms you right up!! :-)
The cheesy goodness literally melts in your mouth and the broccoli and chicken make it the main dish vs. a side dish! This is going to be a fan favorite among your family and there will be nothing left over!
So here is the recipe for this delicious meal-
- 8 ounces medium shell pasta
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli during last 2-3 minutes of cook time. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cooking, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken broth and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbling and thickened. Remove from heat and add cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add the drained pasta, broccoli, and chicken and stir to combine. If sauce becomes too thick, add milk as needed to thin.
I bet you are just memorized on how good this looks right now.... but just wait till you try it!!!! AHHHH-MAZING!!!
Now go get to cooking my friends ;-)